WELCOME

Currently I am a senior at Augustana College in Sioux Falls, South Dakota and will be graduating in May of 2010. Upon graduation I will have a Bachelor of Arts Degree with a major in American Sign Language Interpreting. I am in the process of seeking employment for post-graduation.

Throughout my years at Augustana College, I have refined my skills in ASL and English and have acquired an extensive knowledge of various modes related to processing, self evaluation and ethics. My education and development has also included a proficient understanding and practical application of dynamic equivalence. Augustana also prepared me for the National Interpreter Certification test of which I have passed the knowledge portion.

I am excited to be in a place where my skills can grow and there are opportunities available for me to be a permanent part of the interpreting community. I believe a company like yours would provide me the stability and support I would need post-graduation as well as the chance to learn and grow.

I am an enthusiastic and driven individual who has a passion for interpreting and considers hard work and professionalism to be essential values. I am pursuing my national certification and plan to take the performance portion of the test in May following graduation. I am looking forward to being in the Deaf Community full time as an interpreter after my internship. I would very much appreciate the opportunity to further discuss an interview with your organization. Please contact me at (605) 431-2587 at your earliest convenience.

Thank you for your time and consideration. Please enjoy my portfolio.

Sincerely,

Amanda Leisten